The Steps to Success curriculum, used by the Community Action Partnership of Northeast Missouri, is based on the University of Missouri Extension’s Step up to Leadership program.
The Steps to Success program engages youth ages 14-17, and community members in understanding, believing, advocating and/or acting on behalf youth in Adair, Clark, Knox, Scotland and Schuyler Counties. Through the completion of this 12-week session, participants gain a stronger sense of self-worth and become empowered to seek answers and advocate for personal and community betterment. Volunteering within the school and community promotes a sense of ownership that lead to youth taking an active role in school and community issues. In addition, through these civic engagement opportunities, community members are mobilized to support the needs of area youth which will ultimately develop connections between program participants and community leaders.
- Improve public speaking
- Learn to set goals
- Increase community involvement
- Learn to work with others
- Understand and respect personal differences
- Build positive relationships
- Answers questions and concerns about post-secondary education
- Basic understanding of how meetings are conducted
- Develop conflict resolution techniques
- Explore career options
- Understand mental health and wellness
For more information on the "Steps-to-Success" Program contact: Angie Sullivan email@example.com