Head Start & Early Head Start
- Head Start promotes school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social and other services for children and families
- We engage parents in their children's learning and help them in making progress toward their educational, literacy and employment goals. Significant emphasis is placed on the involvement of parents in the administration of local Head Start programs
- To provide safe and developmentally enriched care giving which promotes the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of infants, toddlers and preschoolers which prepares them for future growth and development
- To support parents, both mothers and fathers, in their role as primary caregivers and teachers of their children
- To support families in meeting personal goals and achieving self sufficiency across a wide variety of domains
- To mobilize communities, to provide the resources and environment necessary to ensure a comprehensive, integrated array of services and support for families
- To ensure the provision of high quality responsive services to families through the development of trained, and caring staff
Eligibility requirements include income, child's age, special needs of the child, families' employment status and special needs of the family. Please bring the following to your child's application appointment:
- Income verification for the past 12 months (tax information, pay stubs)
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's Missouri health/health insurance card
- Social Security Cards for all members of household
- Child's immunization records.
For more information, please contact Kailey Wheeler or Kim Campbell at 660-665-9855.